Sunday 22 March 2009

Laundry

For the laundry project I dont want to take it too litterally.
I want to look at words rather than image yet still keep it quite neat and tidy.
When I think of laundry I think of a wet garmet, a little washed out, bobbly bits, a bit worse for wear, in my case ive normally washed it on the wrong setting or put in a dark garment in a white wash so the colours have ran, which got me thinking of washed up.
It reminded me of a washed up garment on a beach.
Sunbleached muted colours,
raggedy,
slouchy.
But i want to keep it slightly refined.
Ruffles to show slouchy but more reserved.
Knitting to show a worn holey effect.
Bleached, rubbed denim that looks as though its been washed a million times.
These are a bit of a contrast, '80s' denim with ruffles and knitting?
Its a bit of a muddle but its what i think of when i think of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment