Tuesday 24 March 2009

A little bit of experimentation.....







































After looking at those old jeans I felt inspired to try out some of my own techniques. I tried using coarse sand paper to wear the surface of the jeans away but I didnt find that very successful at all so that idea was scrapped. I then moved onto the bleach and tried a few different ways of applying it to the denim. I used a scubbing brush, I poured it straight from the bottle, I tried a tye dye technique and I mixed it with water. I used two types of denim, dark and a bright blue to see the different effects i could get. The bleach turned the darker denim slightly yellow which later developed into a dirty brown which i really like and kept with my colour pallette.I think the tye dye was really effective and gave a really unusual effect which i like, others such as the scrubbing brush method was less effective. I think the more subtle effects are more fitting to my theme and the more contrasting samples are a little too full on.
On photoshop I then created a repeat pattern of a couple of samples. I really like the tye dye piece, im not too sure about the other one.













No comments:

Post a Comment